Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Spring Awakens"....




Spring/Summer hottest colour trends



Donna.......
Even though it isnt yet officially spring and the weather is still playing winter games out here, it did not stop me from checking out the shops to get some spring/ summer inspirations . With the warmer temperatures comes a bunch of  the latest and greatest colour trends for spring/summer 2012. Fashion wise, this season is nothing without colours :-)) This feels so good to know, just my kind of world :-) I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO BEGIN....bring in the colours!!!!!! :-)

When it comes to fashion colours i always get my inspiration from nature. My top favorite inspiration sources are an African Sunset/Sunrise, a Safari park and the wide blue Oceans. My favorite colours(Orange, Animal prints, Beige, Brown and Blues) reflect these sources. 
Orange reminds me of an african sunrise/sunset, ...the power of the sun....the Solar Power radiates warmth which is stimulating, enticing, energizing and puts one in a cheerful mood.
Beige, brown and animal prints (especially leopard &  giraffe prints) makes me think of a Safari park. The neutral tone(beige, brown) of the earth and the animals running wild (animal prints) and Blue is for the Ocean, deep, peaceful and calm.
Since i moved to europe colours now play a very significant role in my life. I wear colours that have a story to tell and also keep me connected to my roots. I also wear colours according to my mood. If i am missing the warmth of the sun badly, i will definately reach for orange. When i miss the sound of the waves crashing on the beach or i want so badly to smell the ocean breeze, i go for blue :-))


"i love the feeling when i walk into a fashion house".......one of my favorite shops in Frankfurt city.

I was out and about last week checking out what the season has in store for us this year. All around in the shops it was clear to see, it´s going to be a bright and very colourful season. Walking through the shops i felt so alive. It felt like a rainbow just dropped down from the sky and sent out strong bursts of colours all around me :-)) I could see colours from bright hues of sunburst yellow to Pastel tones in apricot to shocking pink, tangerine orange,  aqua, teals , peacock blues to vivid deep blues as well as soft shimmering golds and abstract floral prints. I also noticed the oriental feeling and ethno prints is big this year.
The hottest colour shades for spring 2012 are definately,....Pastel colours including the trendy Mint, Citron yellow, Kelly Green, Blue, Tangerine(orange), and Coral pink.

soft shimmering golds



love this coral print dress

Pastel colours, these colours are going to be big this season. Pastel colors are colors that are light, from light colored pinks, blues, yellows, greens and browns. The fashion world is kind of obsessed with it this season. My favorite of the bunch is the trendy Mint colour. Mint is a lovely mix between blue and green. I love the frosty and fresh nature of this tone. I think this colour is a great way to help jump start the spring season :-)) It has this freshness about it that puts one in the spring mood. Mint is a hue that is sure to make your spirits soar :-) 

Spring fashion is all about colours.......

Mint is a lovely mix between blue and green.


Citron yellow, a gorgeously vibrant shade of yellow. This unusual hue is very bold, refreshing and has an uplifting character. I would describe it as zesty.

Kelly Green, The name kelly green originated in Ireland. The name derives from the fact that the surname Kelly, as well as the color green, are both popular in Ireland. This bright green shade is definitely a head-turner this season.

Blue, a classic maritime hue, brings peace and calmness to mind just like a calm blue sea.


love this classic blazer in blue

Coral Pink, no list of spring colour trends would be complete without some pink, and this season’s most popular hue is a bright pink shade with a hint of orange. This sensual colour is an excellent choice for summer clothing and cosmetics too. My second favorite colour :-) Coral pink is an attitude colour :-)


Tangerine.....Colour of the year 2012
Tangerine.....Colour of the year 2012


Tangerine Orange- "a juicy orange hue"- My all time favorite colour. This spring is definately an orange one for me like always:-) I like, no i love me some orange. I love orange in all hues from terra cotta, peach, to rust and burnt orange. Orange is not only my favorite colour all year round but also the colour that best compliments my skin tone. I call it my "good mood colour"...especially in winter i use orange to uplift my mood when it´s freezing cold outside :-)) So if you are like me, then orange is definately the colour for you. Lets face it there is no other colour that can make a bold and loud fashion statement as orange :-)) Orange is feminine and flattering but also bold and assertive. How excited i was when i read orange was named colour of the year 2012.

Pantone named tangerine tango the color of 2012.  This is what Pantone has to say about this colour "Tangerine Tango, a spirited reddish orange, continues to provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward. 
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”


a floral print silky blouse

love this ethno print

I also noticed abstract prints and floral prints are big this year too. The oriental feeling and Ethno prints are also in, this season. For me no season is complete without the neutral colours. The perfect neutral colours are just one of those things that never go out of style. I love combining the neutrals with colours. Neutrals bring out the best in the colours around them and create a richness that’s undeniable.

Rocking this season’s hottest shades is a surefire way to stay on trend but hey don´t go breaking the bank with a complete new spring/summer wardrobe — first check out if you don´t already have these shades or pick out just a new piece or two in one of the colours. I personally always have key pieces in my favorite colours. Each new season i just get a new piece or two, then mix and match them with what i already own.   I just mix and match them differently each season to create an entirely new look :-))This way you’ll always have a completely updated wardrobe but without a high price tag :-)))

Please also bear in mind, regardless of what the trendy colours are, there are some shades that are going to look good on you, and some that aren’t. The fact is, no colour looks good on everyone, so please dont just go ahead and follow the trend blindly. It’s really important to know what your perfect colours are, or you risk looking completely messed up!  Finding your perfect colours has to do with your colouring...your eye colour, hair, and skin tone and how they combine to give you a look.
Your colouring also makes all the difference whether you can wear gold or silver jewelry, whether that tangerine (orange) dress top will look fabulous or horrible on you, and even what shades of makeup you can pull off. For those of you who still have a problem finding the shades that best suit you, watch out for my next post. I will do a post on finding your perfect colours.


this is on my wish list for this season...........i love floppy hats and the colour is so me.





Do you have a problem with mix matching and finding a pefect combination to wear. Or do you just want some inspiration on what to wear this season? I will suggest you go through fashion magazines and get some inspiration or if you are like me and love online shopping, then go on an online shop-hopping tour :-)
Most online shops have online cataloques you can go through to get inspired or better still order the cataloques and go through them in the comfort of your homes :-)) The great thing about  Fashion Cataloques is, you can take your time at home and go through them and put together the looks you want to go for and when you are ready, you place your order...or you just simply use them as a source of inspiration.
For those in Germany(sorry in German only) here is a list of my favorite online shops with Fashion Cataloques. Just click and order a free cataloque(no postage fee too)and get inspired from the collections.

H&M Online shop....(click)
Impression Online shop......(click)
Eleganze Online shop......(click)
Heine / Apart Online shop.....(click)
Alba Moda Online shop..... (click)

For those outside Germany, i am pretty sure your favorite online shops do offer these too. Ask your friends or do an online search to find such shops.

Remeber there are no fix rules when it comes to fashion.  I make my own rules and i wear what i like. I see trends just like guidelines and so i don´t follow them to a T :-)) Be your own master and make your own rules. Experiment and find your own style and wear what makes you feel comfortable....fashion should be fun and not a duty. So what are you waiting for....let the fun begin:-))


Spring fashion will burst out with vivid colours...

Hope you got some inspiration for the coming season. Stay cool as always until we meet again.



from " Deutschland" with luv,
Nakutana

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, am really excited and looking forward to spring. I just wish the weather could play along...

    ReplyDelete